Sweet Bobby catfish Simran

Sweet Bobby viewers threaten actress who played Simran after confusing her for real catfish

The actress admitted their behaviour has made her ‘paranoid’

The actress who plays the catfish Simran Bhogal in Netflix’s Sweet Bobby documentary has revealed that she’s started feeling “paranoid” after fans have mistakenly become convinced she’s the actual catfish.

Whilst Netflix did include a disclaimer at the end of the documentary clarifying that “images of Simran have been represented by an actor” it isn’t included until the very last few minutes of the film.

Via Netflix

This has led many fans to mistakenly think she’s the actual catfish, with actress Bhamini Joseph having to explain that she’s simply “an actor who was hired to portray a character.”

She explained in her TikTok: “I’m making a video today to talk about the new Netflix movie Sweet Bobby and my role as Simran. I feel like I have to say that here because some people still think that I am, but I am an actor who was hired to portray a character.”

She added that the production team for Sweet Bobby contacted her over one year ago and asked if she could send in pictures of herself from the last 10 years that they could use to look like catfish Simran Bhogal.

Via Netflix

She revealed how “disturbed” some of her friends and family have become as they think she’s secretly the real catfisher, admitting: “All my close friends think it’s so funny, my parents are very deeply disturbed by my face coming up on their TVs.

“A lot of their friends and colleagues are concerned about my safety. People have stopped me and asked me about it, but it’s only really people that are acquaintances. Most people just like to stare. I’m definitely a little more paranoid.”

Sweet Bobby is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.