‘Vardy Tower’: Campus buildings to be renamed after Foxes

Alongside victory parade celebrations

The University has announced that next Monday, for one day only, buildings on campus will be renamed after the Premier League champions in support of their historical triumph.

Following the open-top bus parade and the “Vardy party” in Victoria park, the University will be renaming its most prominent building, Attenborough Tower, the “Jamie Vardy Tower”. And the David Wilson Library, representing ‘”the brains behind the whole operation”, will be renamed after City’s manager, Claudio Ranieri, in honour of his incredible achievement.

Vardy and Mahrez celebrating

Bennett, where the Geology department identified the “Vardyquake“, will be named after Leonardo Ullola due to his earth-rumbling winning goal against Norwich at the King Power stadium in February.

The University’s Chief Operating Officer and Registrar, Dave Hall, said:

“We hope that renaming our buildings conveys the sheer pride that the University and the city have in the players and staff behind Leicester City’s momentous season in winning the Premier League title for the first time. We share in their joy and that of Leicester City Women who won the Women’s Premier League Midlands Division One title with a 100% record – winning 22 games, scoring 93 goals and conceding just 19.

“We are doing the renaming of buildings as a one-off, but we hope Leicester City’s achievement isn’t.”

Other buildings on campus being renamed include:

• Fielding Johnson Building, ‘Wes Morgan Building’
  • Physics and Astronomy Building – N’Golo Kante
  • Danielle Brown Sports Centre – Danny Drinkwater
  • Percy Gee Building – Nathan Dyer Building
  • George Porter Building – Christian Fuchs Building
  • Charles Wilson Building – Riyad Mahrez Building
  • Attenborough Seminar Block – Shinji Okazaki Seminar Block