Preview: Gathering Festival

London Grammar and Local Natives are in Cowley this week.

Thought festival season was over? Think again: shake off your Michaelmas blues or continue Freshers’ into second week with a fantastic array of indie, pop, folk and acoustic acts across multiple venues in Oxford this October.

Oxford becomes Shoreditch for one day only

We’re really excited about this, and you should be too, as the guys organising Gathering Festival in its second year have served up some of the best and most thrilling live acts right on our doorstep.

Well, Cowley. Critically-acclaimed electro-indie group London Grammar and indie band Local Natives headline the vivid and varied line-up.

Here’s a few bands to get you buzzed:

London Grammar 

You might have witnessed the social media catastrophe as Radio 1 tweeted “we think she’s fit, do you?” about lead singer Hannah Reid. We don’t care what she looks like – the trio are set to dominate 2014 with Hannah’s dreamy vocals and their electro edge as their debut album reached No. 2 in the UK charts. This is probably the last time you’ll ever get to see them in a venue as small as this, so don’t miss.

londongrammar.com / twitter.com/londongrammar

Drenge

The name might be seriously off-putting but this indie duo are loads of fun. Think if Oasis were younger and better.

drenge.tumblr.com / twitter.com/drenge

Temples

We all miss the 60s, don’t we? Even if you don’t, Temples seem to have transported themselves through time to provide us with catchy choruses and dreamy vocals that would make Paul McCartney jealous. Watch this video and wish you were a hippy on LSD.

facebook.com/templesofficial / twitter.com/templesofficial

Chasing Grace

Fresh from supporting Ellie Goulding on tour, Chasing Grace are an indie-pop duo with just a hint of emo and theatricality and unbelievable vocals. Combining female and male vocal lead singers gives them a real edge and they’re set to go far.

If this doesn’t whet your appetite to be like, really, super cool and immerse yourself in a scene of bands that your friends, like, totally haven’t heard of, then we don’t know what will.

Gathering takes place on October 19th across venues in Cowley.

You can follow Gathering Festival on Twitter: twitter.com/gatheringoxf, or keep updated via their website: gatheringfestival.co.uk

Tickets are £25 in advance (bargain!) and vendors can be found here: http://gatheringfestival.tumblr.com/tickets