Jacob Elordi Oxford University

Omg guys, Jacob Elordi is going to Oxford University in October to study English

He fell in love with the campus while filming Saltburn

Jacob Elordi is set to become the most well known uni student on campus in October as he’s joining Oxford University to study English literature. Following in the footsteps of his Saltburn character Felix, Jacob reportedly fell in love with the campus while filming Emerald Fennel’s feature film alongside Barry Keoghan and immediately set about applying to return as an enrolled student.

The Saltburn star is notoriously an avid reader and has previously recommended fans titles including John Steinbeck’s East of Eden and revealed he loves Nausea by philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre because he’s “incredibly relatable” for “a dude who thinks way too much about everything”. Deep.

Jacob Elordi Oxford University

via Prime Video

Jacob grew up studying at the private secondary schools St Kevin’s College, Melbourne, and St Joseph’s College, Nudgee, in Brisbane. Despite his film career, Jacob’s interest in a literature degree is no surprise as he previously revealed he was reading Jack Kerouac novels while shooting The Kissing Booth. He’s also a big fan of Donna Tartt’s The Secret History and Homer’s The Odyssey.

“It makes total sense that Jacob would want to return to Oxford to study literature,” an insider told The Tab Oxford. “He got a taste for being a student here while filming Saltburn and he’s so excited to get started on the first term reading list while he films his latest project in Malibu.”

It’s unclear yet which college Jacob will join when he begins his English undergraduate degree in October, although we’re confident he’s going to be just as popular as Felix Catton when it comes to formal dinners and college balls. Fingers crossed there’s less deceit and murder in real life, though.

You should probably check the date, you April fools!

Recommended articles from this writer:

Featured image credit via Prime Video.