We asked for your stories of having sex on campus

The Henry Daysh building is apparently an aphrodisiac

Having sex on campus is the thing of myth and legend. We’ve all heard the rumours about the Robbo but most of us assume that they can be no more than fantasy. However, we decided that they required a serious journalistic investigation into whether there actually is anything to them.

We asked Newcastle and Northumbria students about their experiences hooking up on campus. Here’s what we found:

The Henry Daysh Building

Surprisingly the top answer for Newcastle University students was not the Robbo. The most common location supplied was in fact the Henry Daysh Building.

Some insight given as to this choice of this site was provided by a student who stated:

‘Fourth floor of the Daysh. Getting political’

The architecture studios in the Daysh building were also mentioned specifically, along with several people simply writing “Daysh”.

The Student’s Union

The next most popular spot, perhaps, less surprisingly, was the SU.

‘Upstairs toilets in the SU during a night out in the Venue’ – probably the most reasonable one I read if I’m being honest.

‘SU Co-op’

And another more specific instance:

‘On the till in the Co-op’

The Toilets

Toilets were also a consistent theme:

‘Urban Sciences building -Nicest toilets on campus’ – thanks for the review.

‘In the disabled loos of the Med School’ – hope you had a badge on hand.

This one person gave us a delightfully comprehensive list:

‘Stairwell of the Marj, Into building toilets, Hershel building, Law building… you name it. With the boyf’ – I admire anyone who has an ambitious set of goals and achieves them.

The Old Library Building

Honestly, can’t remember ever entering The Old Library Building.

‘The old library being open 24 hours is a blessing not a curse’

Kings Hall

Is there even furniture in there when there aren’t events on?

The Art Studios

Seems about right for the art students. Call it a performance art piece if you get caught. A commentary on societal boundaries and a subversion of expectations.

Someone reported:

‘My mate shagged in the Agriculture Building in our Rural Studies tutors office with one of our classmates’a – this is as daring as it is specific. Speaking of some of you sent in the full names of your partners in crime, which I will not be publishing obviously. Let’s cut the snitch behaviour lads.

Leazes Park

I’d be too scared of the cows personally. What if one of them looked at me? To say nothing of the sheer volume of cow pat I’ve encountered any time I’ve walked through.

This concludes our thorough and gruelling investigation.

Is the stress getting to the final year students, with dissertation deadlines starting to loom closer? Are the freshers simply too lost to work out how to get back to their own bedrooms before the heat of the moment passes? Are some people, perhaps, just a little too overconfident in the presumed laziness of the university, and doubt that the governing board would bother to prosecute if they did get caught?

Whatever the reason we are going to have to suggest that some of you just learn how to use Google maps, or find a more practical outlet for stress.

Maybe, we should instead be focusing on harm reduction and be petitioning the SU for condom machines on campus. Either way, stay safe and keep your grades up

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.