Image may contain: Music, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

ABBA Disco Wonderland: Who wore it best?

Thank you for the music

ABBA Disco Wonderland came to the O2 Academy last week and the bangers were out in full force. Think Dancing Queen, Mamma Mia, Super Trouper and of course iconic ABBA style costumes.

The mood was amazing and outfits even better, as people flocked to celebrate the band that has stayed loved throughout the decades.

The amazing array of outfits outdid the music. We headed down and took pictures of some of the best dressed so that those of you not lucky enough to make it this time don't have to miss out completely.

That was the time of the flower power

Image may contain: Night Life, Person, People, Human

Absolutely rocking the flares with the glasses to complete the disco wonderland look.

My my, I could never let you go

Image may contain: Party, Performer, Musical, Music, Tango, Leisure Activities, Dance Pose, Dance, Person, People, Human

Newcastle's answer to Donna and The Dynamos. We half expected them to break out into Super Trouper.

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life

Image may contain: Club, Music, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

Ten points to this guy for 100 per cent effort with the fancy dress. Deffo gets the award for most extra outfit of the night.

I'd fool around and have a ball

Image may contain: Dance Pose, Dance, Night Life, Night Club, Club, Underwear, Lingerie, Clothing, Music, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

The BEST flares in the O2 and maybe even Newcastle.

There was something in the air that night

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

We really need to know where this guy gets his shirts from.

The winner takes it all

A classic Newcastle take on ABBA. Full flared jumpsuit – it really doesn't get better than that. Looking like she's straight out of a Mamma Mia film.

If you missed out this time and are reflecting on your life decisions, don't worry the event will be back in the new year. Keep your eyes on their Facebook page for more details.