Image may contain: Brick, Shop, Portrait, Face, Person, People, Human

Losing your printing, hating freshers, not getting a seat and everything else that will happen to you in the Robbo Library

Good luck trying to find a seat during exams…

We all know that the Robbo has its ups and downs, but despite the tears that have been shed and the pure hopelessness we've all felt there, we love it anyway. Here's a list of things you'll do during the countless hours you'll inevitably spend at the Robinson Library.

Image may contain: Brick

1) Go to the collaborative area with your mates to do ‘work’ but actually spend the whole time talking about the night before

This happens to us all. A whole group of you will head to the library to read ahead for next week, but you'll end up having a heated debate about whether that boy you got with was actually fit or if the alcohol was playing tricks on you. If your laptop is open, that counts as doing work, right?

2) Get lost coming back from the toilet and then struggle to find your seat

The Robbo is a labyrinth of identical book shelves that makes you feel like you’re walking around in circles (you probably are). Once you have navigated your way out, you then have to spot your seat in the sea of wilting student heads. It's like trying to find your car in a supermarket car park – mission impossible.

Image may contain: Room, Library, Interior Design, Indoors

3) Have to awkwardly circulate the library during exam season to try and find an empty seat.

You’re probably too late, and everyone else is smugly laughing at you.

4) Think that you have found an empty seat to find out somebody has reserved it with a jumper

This is true disappointment. Your dreams will come crashing down as you find a pencil and some scattered paper thrown on the table whilst the person takes a two hour lunch break, leaving you stranded.

Image may contain: Bag, Screen, Monitor, Electronics, Box, Table, Furniture, Desk

5) Spot a Fresher taking up valuable space and feel pure rage

Even worse than a jumper taking up library space is when it’s a Fresher. What are they even doing here? This is their one opportunity to procrastinate for a year and they're losing the will to live with the rest of us? You can get that 40% from home.

6) Have to endure someone eating annoyingly loud

You're feeling productive and ready to get in the zone when suddenly the girl next to you starts chomping on a packet of crisps in the most disgusting and dramatic way possible. All hope for working is lost as all you can hear is a wet crunching sound. Is she being serious? Bonus hate points for the one who whips out a tuna sandwich.

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

7) Be tortured by people’s awful attempts at whispering

Just because your voice is a decibel quieter than normal does not mean I can’t hear your whole conversation. I don’t care about how much you spent on blue trebs last night or how you think Becky’s boyfriend has a thing for you.

8) Encounter people who take their shoes and socks off

There are people out there who actually do this. I’m not sure if it's some kind of pre-exam breakdown people have or just something that is inherently wrong with them, but we've all witnessed people walking around the aisles bare foot. This is the library, not a yoga session, cover your toes up.

9) Have a favourite spot and get very defensive when someone else is sitting there

I’m sure that everyone has their favourite spot in the library, the place you gravitate towards daily and pretty much never sit anywhere else. However, there will come a time when someone steals your seat mid-term, and you will be forced to sit in a basic seat, probably stealing someone else’s seat and messing up the whole system, so you scornfully watch them from across the fourth floor. How DARE you.

10) Fail in trying to find your printing

You will spend half your time in the library searching among countless piles of maths graphs, world maps, and diagrams of the reproductive system, in an attempt to find that one page you printed out. You have no idea which printer your work is going to as they're all jammed anyway, causing you to eventually forget what you even printed out in the first place.

Despite the strange encounters and the frustrating delays (I'm blaming you, printers) the Robbo library is like a true friend. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry, it will push you to your limits – but the Robbo will always be there for you.