Image may contain: Cup, Party, Drink, Beverage, Alcohol, Person, People, Human

Newcastle Uni has been voted first in the North East for job prospects

Woohoo for employment!

The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019 is close to release and we checked out where Newcastle lies in comparison to other North East universities.

It seems all the partying it up in the Toon hasn't impacted Newcastle students too much as they beat Durham and came out on top for job prospects in the North East. The amount of graduates in jobs or further study within six months of completing their course is a huge 85 per cent.

Nationally, in the overall rankings, Newcastle Uni is in 21st place whilst Northumbria has moved up five places to position 61. This places Newcastle as second in the North East, behind academic rivals, Durham.

Image may contain: Troop, Team, Soldier, Military Uniform, Military, Army, Shirt, Clothing, Person, People, Human

It has been a strong year for Newcastle Uni with the opening of the Urban Sciences building and further investments in place for developments on the sports centre and other facilities.

The full guide will be released on Sunday so you can check out how Newcastle and Northumbria do in the national ranks.

Photo credit: Max Cooper (Bijoux, featured image)