Image may contain: Portrait, Face, Brick, Person, People, Human

BBC show The 3rd Degree comes to Newcastle University

Who will be defeated; lecturers or students?

Have you always wanted to see who actually has the most knowledge? Do you think your fellow students can beat the lecturers? Now is your chance to find out.

On Wednesday 7th March, BBC Radio 4 are coming to Newcastle University to record an episode of ‘The 3rd Degree’.

Tickets for the event are free of charge and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Doors open to The Clement Stephenson Lecture Theatre at 17:40 with the recording beginning at 18:00.

There will be a Q and A session with the producer at 19:30. This will be interesting for students hoping to pursue a career in the fields of comedy, television or radio.

Image may contain: Book, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora, Person, People, Human

The lecturer team consists of Jonathan Ward, lecturer in Media and Public Relations, Professor Adam Rees, specialist in the field of Auditory Neuroscience and Dr Ruth Graham, senior lecturer in the school of Sociology. The student team is still to be confirmed.

There are a number of rounds in the show. From general knowledge to quick fire buzzer challenge.

Image may contain: Reading, Pond Lily, Lily, Flower, Blossom, Ivy, Vine, Plant, Flora, Person, People, Human

The recording is likely to be transmitted on BBC Radio 4 at 3pm on a Monday in late June or early July so you will have a chance to catch up if you are unable to attend.