What’s on: Newcastle Bank Holiday Weekend

Big up the Toon!

Exams are coming to an end, so here’s a list of how to kick-start your bank hol with a bang:

Friday 26th – Horse Meat Disco x Dimensions Festival x RTBC

Brought to you by Reasons to be Cheerful, tonight will be a funky night of ‘Bank Holiday boogie action’. Let out some exam stress, get on down and boogie boogie.

Where: WHQ

Entry: From £8. Click here.

Friday 26th – Ape-X at Cosmic

Cosmic Ballroom is hosting Joy Orbison, Call Super, No Moon + Friends and Family, bringing you techno, disco, and house. This one will be large.

Where: Cosmic Ballroom

Entry: £17. Click here.

Friday 26th – Bongo’s Bingo

The successful Bongo’s Bingo is back in the Toon once more, with cash prizes to be won, and dancing on the tables inevitable – it’ll be a night you won’t want to forget, but one you might not remember!

Where: Boiler Shop

Entry: £10. Click here.

Saturday 27th – Chase and Status DJ set

If you’re wanting to go to an event that’s all things bass driven & drum led, Rub a Dub Dub presents Chase and Status DJ set at the O2 Academy. Due to the recent events in Manchester, backpacks are not allowed in the venue.

Where: O2 Academy Newcastle

Entry: £20, Click here. Check out the Facebook event here.

Sunday 28th – LAA perform Talking Heads

Brought to you by WHQ, Wylam Brewery is hosting the London Astrobeat Arkestra, with live music from the iconic Talking Heads’ ‘Stop Making Sense’ film. For those of you who are into funky, rhythmic, hypnotic, anthemic, uplifting and groovy tunes, then what better way to spend your Bank Holiday Sunday drinking Wylam beers in the sun, listening to great music and taking in the beautiful scenery. Tip top.

Where: Wylam Brewery

Entry: £17.50. Click here.

After party at….

WHQ – Once in a Lifetime

Once In A Lifetime is celebrating ‘one of one of the most exciting moments in history:
From CBGBs to Studio 54 and The Paradise Garage to The Mudd Club.’ It’s remembering a time when NYC joined up Disco, Hip Hop, Funk, and Punk, causing some funky beats that changed the music scene forever. Groovy.

Where: WHQ

Entry: £8. Click here.

Sunday 28th – Summer Soul BBQ

97 & Social are hosting a free day party this Sunday, with a BBQ, cocktails and ciders, music and ‘plenty of vibes’. So why don’t you take a break from revision and get yourself a burger. Lovely jubbly.

Where: 97 & Social

Entry: FREE. Click here for more information.

Followed by…

Swingers: Bank Holiday Sunday “A Night at Studio 54”

If you are looking to carry on the party vibes, get yourself down to Swingers’ for their bank holiday special, where you’ll bound to have a great night!

Where: Grey’s Club

Entry: £6 on the door.