‘Polite’ Professor Convicted

The verdict on Newcastle Uni’s very own vandal lecturer.

Newcastle University professor Stephen Graham was convicted today of causing thousands of pounds worth of damage during a graffiti rampage on several cars last August.

The damage was caused using a screwdriver to scratch words such as ‘very silly’, ‘arbitrary’ and ‘very wrong’.

Some of the Damage done!

The School of Architecture lecturer previously claimed to have no memory of the incidents due to a cocktail of alcohol, antibiotics and prescription drugs for his behaviour.

However, we can now reveal that he admitted four counts of damaging cars and requested that the court take into account another 23 similar incidents.

Earlier reports estimated the damage at £18,000 with damage conducted on luxury vehicles including a Mercedes and a Volvo.

The current understanding is that the professor will not appear in court again until 25th February for sentencing in order to provide time for pre-sentencing reports to be conducted.

More to follow.

Are you, or have you been taught by professor Stephen Graham? Get in touch and let us know your views. Email [email protected].