MADness at CCTV

This Saturday the MAD Foundation will be taking over CCTV!

The MAD (Make a Difference) Foundation helps people in some of the world’s poorest countries to help themselves, by working with them at a grassroots level to develop much needed community resources.

The charity sends out volunteers to countries such as Ghana,Peru and Thailand to carry out building and teaching projects.

This week CCTV is going tribal to show their support: 50p of every entry will be given to the charity, and entry will be at a discounted £3 if you dress up!  Drinks deals are available to sports teams, birthdays, and societies.

Expect to see:

• CCTV™ Tribal girls giving out free shots
  • Sumo Wrestling Suits!!!
  • MAD Venturers giving out info
  • Discount Entry in fancy dress
  • Prizes for best fancy dress
  • Plus much more….

The purpose of the event is to raise awareness of the existence of the charity and to encourage more students to volunteer, at the same time as raising money for a good cause.

Find out more about the overseas volunteering opportunities and charity challenges in Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Peru, Fiji, Thailand and more!! Including a special Newcastle University students trip to Ghana, in association with RAG.

For more general information please visit their website.

If you’re interested in getting involved with MAD, please email John Lawler at [email protected], or just pop into the office on a weekday between 9am and 5pm for a chat! (The office is situated next to Subway in the Student Union).

So get planning those tribal outfits – we’re expecting feathers, headbands, leopard print, face paints, tribal chants, the lot!

Please come along in your tribal gear to experience the carnage that is CCTV, get messy, and show your support for an excellent cause!!

Visit the facebook event page here to find out more.