Leicester beats De Montfort again in rankings – and no one is surprised

NTU, Derby and Plymouth eat dust as Leicester beats them once again

The Guardian’s University league tables for 2017 show that we continue to beat the institutions of Derby, Nottingham Trent, Plymouth and – thankfully – De Montfort (albeit by 14 places), proving that Leicester still has some game in terms of course and teaching satisfaction.

Our job prospects after six months are something to be proud of. With a figure of 71.9 we exceed the likes of UEA (71), Reading (70), UWE (70.9), Nottingham Trent (67.7) and Bournemouth (66.3).

However, De Montfort is on our tail with job prospects surpassing our own at a figure of 77.3 which, although somewhat disheartening, is worthy of praise.

Yes, Leicester has dropped from 32nd to 47th.

But, overall, it continues to sit comfortably in a well-rounded position. Course satisfaction sits at a figure of 86.3 and satisfaction with teaching at 86.7. And don’t forget that Leicester is pretty much the place to be right now – we’re doing alright.

The Guardian’s league tables rank universities according to: spending per student; the student/staff ratio; graduate career prospects; what grades applicants need to get a place; a value-added score that compares students’ entry qualifications with their final degree results; and how satisfied final-year students are with their courses, based on results from the annual National Student Survey (NSS).