Vote now: Leicester’s best takeaway

How hungry are you right now?

One of life’s hardest decisions is knowing what you want to eat for dinner or after a drunken night out.

Make the right choice and your tummy will be dancing with joy. Make the wrong choice and err, you’ll realise chicken and vodka don’t go well together…

Settle the dilemma once for all – vote for your fave takeaway spot. Because food is life.

Maryland Chicken

We be lovin’ dat chicken!

You can’t be a student at Leicester and NOT have visited this little gem. Cheap, cheerful chicken – could you ask for anything else?

The crunchy chicken strip pieces will get you strippin’ for more. The BBQ chicken wings are doused with sweet saucy goodness and you should totally holla at the various burger meals if you’re poor and hungry.

Bombay Bites

Keepin’ it real with an authentic Indian meal.

Now we’re stepping up a notch with this place here. With an Indian menu, it sure is tasty.

Popular for their Bombay boxes, they pack your fave dishes in one box which means you can either eat it in a taxi or in your flat with zilch washing up to do. Win. Their tandoori chicken and mutton tikka with a choice of chips naan or rice is where it’s at.

Sometimes they even give you a free veggie samosa.

Wok In Wok Out Noodle Bar

Who needs a poodle when you got wok in wok out noodles?

Fancy some noodles? Check this one out. Situated on Welford Road and The Parade, Oadby, it’s not far from any student and is awesome for a night in.

You get to choose your own noodles and sauces: from Thai Green Curry to Sweet and Sour – they can be a tad expensive considering portion size, but its good stuff.

Their chicken dumplings are a mouthfulla heaven.

Grimbsy Fisherie

Something smells a bit fishy here…

Another one on Welford Road, this spot has the freshest, crispiest fish around and definitely satisfies your good ol’ British fish ‘n’ chips craving.

They even do mushy peas and gravy.

Peri Peri Original

Better than Nandos!? This is blasphemy!

With one of its locations in the city centre, this is the perfect spot to go to after a night out.

Their spicy wings are packed fulla flavour and it’s rumoured that their peri peri chicken tastes even better than Nandos…

AJs

Make way for some AJs!

Fancy some proper junk food, like a greasy burger, doner kebab or a hot dog? This is THE place to be. Make sure you try their chilli sauce, it’s the best.

You can even order your food by text. Need I say more?