RESULTS: Who will be your SU President?

Students are leaning towards Michael Rubin for their SU President with just 3 hours remaining.

The waiting is over. After yesterday’s poll, The Tab can reveal that students feel more comfortable voting for Michael Rubin as their SU President than any other candidate.

Following a poll by The Tab, Michael Rubin seems to be ahead in the race for the Presidency of the University of Leicester Students’ Union.

Rubin, has collected 47% of the votes is leading the way with RON a close second with 34.21 % of students’ votes.

Michael Rubin is leading the way.

It seems that policies like a cheap £2 meal deal and providing sports clubs with free minibuses to and from their matches will win the day over the Clarke and Everett who are pushing for the return of a bar to campus and for more private sponsorship for sports teams.

The ‘colossal shitstorm’ caused by Sunday’s failed SU marketing ploy could be the reason behind the high percentage of votes to reopen nominations. In the last couple of days leaflets have started appearing in the Students’ Union and around campus trying to get students to boycott the elections or vote for RON.

Speaking to The Tab, Rubin said: “I’m really glad Tab readers like my plans to introduce a £2 meal deal and an SU loyalty card that will allow you to spend at Starbucks and then save at Shabang. If you haven’t voted yet, you have until 3pm so please make sure you vote for real!”

Christopher Everett and Peter Clarke are currently third and fourth, with 15.79% and 2.63% respectively.

Voting is open for another 3 hours.