Leicester Union recognised by Which? Uni Guide

Leicester University Students’ Union has been recognised by the Which? University Guide as catering to lots of student different interests. The Students’ Union has been recognised for well-attended student nights, […]

Leicester University Students’ Union has been recognised by the Which? University Guide as catering to lots of student different interests.

The Students’ Union has been recognised for well-attended student nights, as well as offering a variety of societies and clubs to students at the university.

Other universities recognised as having excellent students’ unions included Leeds, Sheffield and Nottingham.

This comes as no surprise as the University of Leicester’s Student Union was recognised as the Higher Education Students’ Union of the Year 2013 by the NUS earlier this year.

The Which? survey also found that universities in northern and Scottish cities are rated highly by students for having a diverse local nightlife.

The survey used the views of more than 16,000 undergraduate students from this year’s and last year’s survey.

Which? University is a free website that is designed to help students make more informed decisions about where to go to university and has had more than 1.3 million visits.

This year’s survey of 8,053 undergraduate students also found high satisfaction with choice of university (85%) and choice of course (85%). However, a quarter of students (26%) wish they’d done more research into their choice of course and university.