Lancaster University confirms in-person teaching will continue next week

‘Lancaster University will continue to deliver face-to-face teaching this week and next’

In-person teaching will continue next week despite the Prime Minister’s announcement on Wednesday declaring the tightening of covid restrictions from Monday 13th due to the rise of the Omicron variant.

Lancaster University has confirmed that in-person teaching will continue with students expected to wear face coverings in lectures, seminars and shared spaces on campus.

In an email sent out to students today, the university said that in keeping with the government’s Plan B, teaching will not be moved online.

The email said: “As anticipated, Lancaster University will continue to deliver face-to-face teaching this week and next, and intends to continue to deliver in-person teaching from January, pending any further updated guidance.”

Services such as the Sports Centre and library will be open as usual. The email said: “Staff that support teaching and learning, essential student support services and campus facilities are expected to attend campus as normal. That means services and facilities such as the Library, Sports Centre, Accommodation, ASK and student support services are expected to continue to operate as previously planned.”

Regarding graduation, the university have said that December ceremonies will go ahead with special measures.

Face coverings will need to be worn, unless exempt, as well as other measures. The email said: “All guests and graduating students will be asked to demonstrate proof of their vaccination status or proof of a negative lateral flow test in order to enter the graduation venues. Everyone in attendance will be required to wear a face-covering in indoor graduation settings unless exempt.”

More details about graduation can be found here.

Related articles recommended by this writer: