Lancaster Uni societies have raised thousands of pounds for Movember 2021

Rugby Union have raised over 14 grand

Many societies at Lancaster University have taken part in Movemeber to raise money to support men’s health issues, such as prostate cancer and testicular cancer, and men’s mental health.

This year, Lancaster societies have collectively raised tens of thousands of pounds by growing moustaches throughout the month of November.

Lancaster University Rugby Union raised the most money, totalling an impressive £14,319, with Lancaster University Men’s Cricket in second place having raised £3,946.

Lancaster Uni Men and Women’s Hockey Club

Instagram @lumhc_

LUHC said both their men and women clubs have taken part in helping to raise money for Movember this year.

They said: “LUHC has once again taken part in Movember, with the men’s club raising money by growing out their terrible facial hair and the women’s club running 60k each week to represent the 60 men we loose each hour to suicide. This year together we raised over £2,200 for Movember, hoping to help all of those who are struggling with their mental health.”

Lancaster Uni Cricket Club

Lancaster men’s cricket club managed to raise almost four times as much as their original goal. The president said: “Lancaster uni men’s cricket club members smashed their original target of £1000 to raise almost four grand. Every member did excellently raising for a great cause.”

Lancaster Men’s Rugby Union

Lancaster University RUFC have raised an incredible 14 grand for Movember this year! They said: “So far we have raised £14,354 which puts us 9th in the UK. The effort the boys made to accumulate such a total is unprecedented and we are immensely proud of our contribution to such a great cause.”

Lancaster University Boat Club

LUBC raised £675 for Movember this year. They are very proud of their achievement for this valuable cause. They said: “‘We’re extremely proud of our athletes from LUBC for their efforts of both facial hair and distance covered. We’re happy to have raised money for such an important cause and to have given it all smashing our goals!”

Lancaster Uni Rugby League

Lancaster Lynx have raised a brilliant £850 for Movember. They said: “Despite the off putting facial hair, Movember is a great cause that helps 1000s of men each year and we are proud to be part of that effort.”

Lancaster University Running and Athletics Club

From the leader board, Lancaster Running and Athletics Club raised £1,260 for Movemeber 2021.

Well done to everyone who took part in Movemeber this year to raise an incredible amount of money for a very valuable cause.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

We asked Lancaster students why they are supporting the striking staff

Lancs student’s guide to Movemeber

GLOW has announced new mini bus service for students from campus