LUSU to hold anti-spiking focus groups in the Great Hall

‘We know that spiking is taking place in Lancaster and we need to understand it better’

Lancaster University Students’ Union announced that it will be hosting confidential anti-spiking focus groups on Thursday 4th and Thursday 11th November.

Both events will be running from 1 pm to 3 pm in Lancaster University Great Hall.

They will be joined by Licencing Officer PC Andy Taylor from Lancaster Police Force to discuss dealing with spiking in Lancaster nightclubs.

The announcement said: “The increasing prevalence of spiking has left many feeling unsafe and the night time economy grappling with how to tackle the issue. We know that spiking is taking place in Lancaster and we need to understand it better. To try and improve our understanding  we need to hear from you.”

Instagram via @lancastersu

On Instagram, LUSU assured students “No personal details will be collected during the focus groups and you’re free to leave at any time.”

It highlighted that they were “an opportunity to share you insights into spiking and any other incidents in licenced venues in Lancaster, in a space where you feel safe.”

The announcement also stated that for those that wish to anonymously share their experiences online, they can email LUSU’s Advocacy and Governance Officer, Chris Cottam at [email protected].

They will be anonymised and passed to the police. Or students can email PC Andy Taylor directly at [email protected].

Related articles recommended by this writer: