Breaking News

The Sugarhouse to reopen on 28th September

The nightclub will reopen as a ‘bar and events space’

Lancaster University Students’ Union have confirmed today that The Sugarhouse nightclub will reopen in September, after what will have been over six months out of action due to the pandemic.

This will come as pleasant news to many, after the future of the club was so hard fought for in the last academic year.

In a statement published on its website, the Students’ Union announced plans to reopen the club as a bar space, where students will be encouraged to use online ordering for their drinks: “The Sugarhouse is really pleased to announce that we will be opening as a bar and events space from Monday the 28th of September as a trial. We’ll be scheduling socially distanced events for your household to enjoy together, with online ordering and table service meaning you won’t even need to leave your seat!

“There won’t be a dancefloor BUT we do have a brand new GIANT 4Mx2.5M LED screen and there’ll be a table with your name on it as we help you enjoy the social aspect of University life safely at your favourite students’ union venue.

“Keep your eyes peeled over the coming weeks when we’ll be announcing what we’ve got planned, and telling you how to secure your 5 BFFs/household a ticket to one of our events!”

The club has confirmed that it will not be accepting entry on the door, and tickets must be booked in advance.

LUSU VP Union Development, Atree Ghosh said: “Everyone; me included, has missed the Sugarhouse an incredible amount. Given their recent and continued success at the Best Bar None Awards, I’m excited that it is back. The situation we find ourselves in given the ongoing pandemic is one we can’t ignore, but the staff at the Sugarhouse will be doing everything they can to put together an amazing (and safe) experience for you.

“Just remember that a lot of things may look very different from the last time you were in the venue. I just request you to be mindful of the circumstances, treat our staff with respect and do your bit to keep everyone safe when you visit.”