Camden pubs to comedy clubs: All of the real-life locations used for filming Baby Reindeer

Probably best to avoid some of these locations

Richard Gadd’s new Netflix series Baby Reindeer has been gripping the nation, and any conversation you enter will contain the question “have you seen Baby Reindeer yet?” If the answer is no- prepare yourself for spoilers. Baby Reindeer is a British black comedy drama miniseries with created by Richard Gadd, who also plays the lead character. It is based off a captivating true story of Richard Gadd’s experience of being stalked- which was first taken to an audience at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2019.

The Netflix drama follows Gadd in his unhealthy relationship with his female stalker, and the impact this has on him as through the show he faces his deep buried trauma. As the show takes place across both London and Edinburgh in the show, here are all the real-life locations used for filming Baby Reindeer:

The Stag’s Head – Hoxton

via Netflix

The exterior of the pub that Donny is seen to be working in early on in the series is that of the Stag’s Head in Hoxton, which goes by the fictional name of The Heart in the series.

The Hawley Arms – Camden

via Netflix

Some of the super observant Baby Reindeer fans believe that The Hawley Arms in Camden is the real life location where Gadd and Martha met – if it is I might give it a miss. However, it is renowned for being a haunt of many a superstar, such as Amy Winehouse, YUNGBLUD and Jess Glynne.

F Cooke – Hoxton

via Netflix

When Donny takes Martha for an innocent “coffee funtimes” (as described by Martha in one of over 40,000 emails), the scene is filmed at the family-run pie and mash shop F Cooke in Hoxton.

A scene is made between the two when Martha asks for the names of who broke Donny’s heart, before she starts shouting “I need names!” Donny then does what any slightly sane man would, and asks for the bill.

The Hoppy – Edinburgh

via Netflix

As part of the flashbacks integrated in the show, we go back in time with a younger Donny to his past performance at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in episode four, much to the annoyance of the football fans frequenting the bar. It also serves as the location where Donny meets Darrien, who later takes him on as a mentee before later sexually assaulting him.

The exterior of The Hoppy is used as a flashback when Donny arrives at the Edinburgh fringe festival, and the pub said on Facebook that the cast and crew were a pleasure to have. The interior of the pub where Donny undertook his Fringe Festival performance was actually in London, at the Army and Navy pub in Stoke Newington.

Marsham Court – Victoria

Baby Reindeer filming locations

via Netflix

TV writer Darrien’s apartment is where Donny looses himself through some of the flashbacks shown. It is here where Donny spends a lot of his time after meeting and being promised the world by Darrien, ruining his relationship and taking unquantifiable amounts of drugs, which turns Donny into a shell of a man. The exterior of Darrien’s Art Deco apartment was filmed at Marsham Court in Victoria.

Greenwich Magistrate’s Court – Greenwich

Baby Reindeer filming locations

via Netflix

Greenwich Magistrate’s Court is where Donny has a number of interactions with a rather unhelpful police officer, played by Thomas Coombes, and where Martha finally faces the music.

Rivoli Ballroom – Brockley

Baby Reindeer filming locations

via Netflix

Although not confirmed to be the true location that Richard Gadd ever performed his comedy routines, in the show Donny performs his competition final at the Rivioli Ballroom in London, shown in episode six. The silent crowd witnesses Donny have a breakdown, with his rather macho work colleagues in the crowd.

The Comedy Store – Leicester Square

Baby Reindeer filming locations

via Netflix

Many renowned comedy stars have performed at The Comedy Store in Leicester Square such as John Bishop and Michael McIntyre. In the final episode this is where Donny has his final redeeming gig following his breakdown at Rivoli Ballroom. The scene was actually filmed inside The Comedy store itself.

Baby Reindeer is available on Netflix now. For more like this rundown of the Baby Reindeer filming locations and all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook. 

Here’s where to watch Jess Gunning next if you loved her in Netflix’s Baby Reindeer

A full breakdown of how many emails, letters, voicemails and tweets Richard Gadd’s stalker sent

‘It’s wrecked my week’: Real life Martha ‘targeted by cult’ following Baby Reindeer on Netflix