Lancaster ranks six places above York in The Guardian’s best unis of 2021

Lancs is 10th in the league table

Lancaster University has ranked six places above its beloved rival, The University of York, in the league table for the best UK universities 2021.

For 2020, Lancaster was firmly in the top 10 at seventh in the league table. For 2021, it places at 10th scoring 73.1/100 overall.

The league table reports that 86.9% of Lancaster University students were satisfied with their course, and 96% of students in their first year of study continued into second year. 85% of final-year students were satisfied with the teaching they received whilst studying, with 70.1% being satisfied with the quality of feedback and assessment they received.

84% of Lancaster graduates were reported to find graduate-level jobs, or further study at professional or HE level within fifteen months of graduating.

For its rival, The University of York: 87.1% students were satisfied with their course, with 84% of grads finding graduate-level jobs or further study after fifteen months. 87.1% of final year’s were satisfied with the teaching they received, with 73.9% satisfied with feedback. The University of York scored 69.9/100 overall, ranking 16th in the league table.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

We asked Lancs Uni students what it is like to be a 2020 graduate

Lancaster is 14 spaces ahead of York in the Complete University Guide

‘The university plays lip service to diversity’: Lancs students on the Uni’s BLM response