Breaking News

Pulse nightclub is closing down

Thankfully it is only temporarily!

Due to the ongoing difficulties facing many businesses as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, Cardiff’s premier gay club, Pulse is temporarily closing.

In a post released on twitter, the nightclub disclosed that they have tried very hard to uphold social distancing measures that are now law while still retaining a good enough level of trade to remain open. They have cited the recent 10pm curfew measures that have been put in place across the UK as the reason for their closure.

Despite the curfew being put in place to curb coronavirus cases, in a statement, the club has urged the Welsh government to lift the measures. They claim it is having a disproportionate negative influence on the nightlife industry compared with other forms of hospitality, despite the fact that the majority of nightlife venues have remained safe with the socially distant systems they have implemented.

During ordinary times the nightclub is enjoyed by many students.

A member of the Cardiff University LGBT Society said “It is such a shame and if it does permanently close it would be a detrimental loss for the LGBT community and the LGBT Society. Hopefully it can come through this and remain open as I know a lot of people rely on the club as a safe space to meet friends and partners.”

Another student said “I went to Pulse a few weeks ago and was really impressed with the way it was set out. Arrows and shields between tables made me feel really safe. However, it was a really different atmosphere to pre-lockdown, very quiet with lots of tables empty. I enjoyed it but of course it didn’t have the usual quirks you expect of Pulse. I really hope they can bounce back from this setback as it usually is an amazing choice for a night out”

The Cardiff Tab wishes the Pulse Team all the best for the future.