Cardiff University to launch international study centre

The centre will provide pathway programmes

Hide Images

Cardiff University have announced plans to introduce an International Study Centre in September 2020. The ISA will provide courses that allow international students easier access to a range of degrees.

The University will be working in partnership with Study Group, a company that works with universities across the world, providing pathway programmes to aid the success of international students. The courses will be specially designed with Cardiff University.

According to a Cardiff University spokesperson, the ISC ‘will provide International Foundation and Pre-Masters programmes to support international students to access Cardiff University undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes.'

They added that: "The partnership will support Cardiff University in achieving our ambition that 25% of our student population comes from outside the UK.

"Working in partnership, the University will have access to Study Group’s extensive global network, supporting the University’s aims to diversify and grow our international student cohort, attracting students from a wider range of countries into a wider range of subjects."

Study Group took to Twitter to announce the new partnership on Monday 2nd December.

When asked about support for international students prior to these plans, the spokesperson said:

"This partnership will further help support international students to access Cardiff University undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes."

According to the University website, international students make up for 7975 of Cardiff’s 31,935 university students.