You won’t want to miss these events in semester two

Semester two is looking a lot better!

The Ox Events have announced two huge events happening this semester that you definitely don’t want to miss out on. This is Oxford Festival is back in May, and this April sees the return of Brookes students’ favourite night of the year: Gentlemen’s Fight Night.

So, if you’re still feeling the effects of the January blues, get booking these events to ensure a fun semester before summer starts.

Gentlemen’s Fight Night is a classic Brookes student event, where students get to dress up and watch their mates go a few rounds in the boxing ring. As said in the Instagram post above, 18 Brookes students will have nine weeks of training, to prepare to fight on the night. If you want to jog your memory about this exciting event, have a look at our chat with the 2020 fighters, or if you need inspiration on what to wear, have a look at our best-dressed from the event. 

To sign up for pre-register tickets, go on Fixr on Thursday 3rd February, with pre-register tickets going on sale on Thursday 10th February. General sale tickets go on sale Sunday 13th February.

This is Oxford is another huge student event that you HAVE to go to as a Brookes student. Last year’s line-up included Denis Sulta, Darkzy, Fuse ODG, Cirque du Sol, Abbalicious and more. Previous locations have been in Wheatley Gardens and Harcourt Hill, although the location has not been confirmed yet. The festival is on Saturday 14th May, and is the perfect end to a likely stressful semester.

Tickets go live at 6pm tonight through Fixr, so make sure you’re on it to ensure you don’t miss out!

Photo credit: @theoxevents

Feature image photo credits: @theoxevents