oxfordshire smoking ban

New league table shows Oxford Brookes hasn’t improved in ranking since last year

Still the best uni in Oxford tho x

Oxford Brookes University hasn’t imporved in it’s global ranking, according to the new Times Higher Education World Ranking published yesterday.

The global ranking sees Brookes fall into the 601-800 grouping. The World University Rankings looks at almost 1,800 unis across over 100 countries, and ranks them. Only the top 200 in the world get an individual score, and unis after this are then put in groups of 50. Meaning Brookes could have placed anywhere within the 601-800 group out of the best unis in the world.

Whilst St Andrews has steadily held it’s place in the 201-250 worldwide grouping for the past three years, this comes after the university continuously fell in the rankings from 2016 where it ranked 86th best university in the world.

To determine each university’s ranking, The Times scores in different fields: teaching, research, citations, industry income and international outlook. Like all the universties in the 601-800 grouping, Brookes scored 34 – 39.2 per cent overall. In each field, the univeristy scored 24.6 per cent for teaching, 22.7 per cent for research, 52.8 per cent for citations, 37.2 per cent for industry income and 83.6 per cent for international outlook.

The World University Ranking published now in 2022, for next year, also found that Brookes has 13,574 full-time-equivalent university students. There are 14.2 students per member of staff, and a 59:41 ratio of female to male students. The data also revealed that 25 per cent of the Brookes student body are international students.

You can view the full rankings here.

• Johnson from Peep Show is the new Chancellor of Oxford Brookes University

• This is your personality based on your favourite Brookes night out

• The Tab Brookes is looking for new writers and we want YOU!