Teenager dies in hospital after car hits pedestrian outside Oxford Brookes University

Police are now appealing for witnesses or any dashcam footage of the incident

A teenage girl has died after being involved in a crash outside of Oxford Brookes University.

The girl had been walking along London Road which runs just outside of Brookes’ campus when she was involved in a collision with a black Toyota Auris.

Emergency services were called to scene at around 11:25pm on Friday 23rd February but the police has since confirmed that the teenager later died from her injuries in hospital.

Thames Valley Police has now launched an investigation into the incident and are appealing for any witnesses or dashcam footage but no arrests have yet been made.

It is currently unclear whether the girl had any relation to the university.

Investigating officer Sergeant James Mathews, of the Joint Roads Policing Unit, said: “Tragically, as a result of this collision, a woman has died of her injuries.

“I am appealing for witnesses to this collision whereby a pedestrian has sustained serious injuries as a result.

“I would ask for anyone who was in or near the area in which this collision took place to get in touch with us if you saw the incident or anything leading up to it.

“Also, if any motorists in the area have dash-cams, please check the footage in case anything significant was caught as it could help our investigation.”

If you have information contact the police by calling the 24-hour non-emergency number 101, quoting the reference number 43240087275, or by making a report online to Thames Valley Police.

Meet the Brookes students who got a private helicopter to see Beyoncé after finishing final exams

Oxford Brookes student sentenced after they sexually assaulted a man whilst he was asleep

Johnson from Peep Show is the new Chancellor of Oxford Brookes University