So long Legends

By on

Facebook Twitter

Gutted students mourn the loss of Legends.

The water levels of the Tyne rise three centimetres today as tears flow through the streets of Newcastle. The speculation is true: Legends has gone.

A sorry sight.

Alpha Newcastle took to Facebook earlier today to confirm the sad news: “Unfortunately the rumors are true, today we found out Legends has been sold.”

Uni-x co-owner and manager of Fraternity Wednesdays Sal Sinawi said on Facebook earlier: “Legends Closing, Near sub zero degrees in Newcastle and Starbucks Jesmond have run out of Pain au Chocolat. The End is Nigh!!!!!”

Scenes resembling the economy crisis of 2007 can be seen on the cowfields and on the corner of Tesco’s jesmond as promoters use wristbands to mop up their tears.

Seriously though, we’ve all lost a shoe or 5 on the sticky floor in Legends, been caught on Pull Cam, screamed One More Tune so loudly that we lose the ability for speech for a minumum of three days, and generally just had a sweet ass time, covered in VK, wiggling around drunkenly to Dancing in the Moonlight.

Student Jake Usman also took to Facebook: “I f*cking love Legends! How much would it cost to buy? Let’s all chip in and buy it back! #FinalBlackOut #WheresTheAlternativeMusicGone.”

One student told The Tab: “I’m just sad because I left half of my dignity in there and now I’m not sure I can go and collect it.”

Rumours are rife of what will take Legends’ place, such as Jamie Oliver’s Restaurant or Harry’s Bar and Grill – a hygienic restaurant option to say the least – or maybe even a hotel.

Facebook Twitter
  • Jamie Oliver

It’s not going to be a fucking Jamie Oliver restaurant you absolute retards.

• Jamie Oliver

Or is it…

• Jamie Oliver

It is, it definitely is (a good idea)

• Rob Clarkson

Good Riddance. Now Stage One is set to rule the world

• James McIlvenna

Shit club, shit nights. Glad its gone

• John Roberts

Uni-X Co-owner, surely everyone knows I sold my share!
    Apparently the cheque is in the post………..
    I fear that story is as tall as I wish I could be, still waiting for my housing deposit to be returned.

• Anon

Tuptup tuptup all the way Thursdays the best dayyy

• anon

On cowfield. Yes that is right for the whole two times the freshers’ have been to legends to see off a fucking vk with a napkin, Bunch of wank stains. Legends was a wednesday night thing. Where you broke your nose for the first time, bottled a midget or fingered your mates sister (up for the weekend)! My fifth legends night/ or first i rode the dragons home! #Viciousf**kingUNAY

• Mr M Charlton

I bought it to store my ego

• Alex

Finally, Legends blew

• Guest

Oi Lucy looking woof uno

• B

They mended it and reset the counter to zero, so it was a level playing feild.

The Tab is a network of 60 university news sites with thousands of student reporters

by on

Wasted second year breaks into own house because he forgot his keys

He climbed up to his second story room and smashed the window

by , Senior Tab reporter on

A guide to doing freshers’ properly by BNOC Raunaq Cavet

‘Newcastle is the home of the treble’

by , Chief Reporter on

Diversity Officer charged for racist ‘kill all white men’ Tweet

She also banned white men from an equality event

by , Chief Reporter on

University Challenge sphincter preservation is ‘no laughing matter’

Contestant’s course leader says it’s not funny

by and on

Leeds The rise and rise of S Club 3

There’s never been a better time for S Club to reach the top

by , Tab reporter on

Edinburgh Inside the surreal world of the Edinburgh wine society

Pass the merlot, Cressida.

by , Chief Reporter on

Revealed: The top graduate employers of 2015

It’s not all about the big four

by , Sheffield Deputy Editor of The Tab on

Sheffield Third year donates bone marrow and then goes on a mad one to Pop Tarts

The marrow has now been used to save someone’s life