Minchin’s Lost His Caius

Britain's favourite musical comedian has pulled out of Caius May Ball.

Caius May Ball committee were struck a major blow this morning after it was revealed that comedian Tim Minchin pulled out of their line-up.

The Australian star, who is famous his style of musical comedy, expressed his disappointment and issued an apology on his blog.

He told fans “this was going to be a hoot…the band and I were pumped to be asked and really looking forward to it…Sorrrrrrrry Cambridgians. Hope you have a ball.”

Minchin, 36, who has been hugely successful since his breakthrough show in 2005, revealed on his website that he had landed “an acting role in a TV show” and would therefore be in LA all summer.

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmnxF_WTOgg

Caius missing out: Minchin in action

Caius May Ball Ents officer Ed Tan told The Tab it was “Disappointing, but this is obviously something pretty big for him. There are expectations now, because Tim Minchin is pretty damn big.

“We’ll be plugging the gap, hopefully with someone just as popular. At this point we’ve got to just try and make it a good night, people are paying £140 for it and we’re going to make it worth coming.”

But with such a celebrated act pulling out, it remains to be seen how the committee will manage to sub him at such short notice.

It’s not all doom and gloom for Caius though, as Minchin did offer some consolation, telling the ball-goers “it’s going to be a ridiculously fun night without me, and the rest of the line-up is deadly”, and adding “next year maybe”.

With Minchin out of Caius May Ball, who’s going to replace him?

@Jonny_Singer
  • Aww :(

'If I didn't have you, someone else would do' – not true here…

• Caius May Ball Guest

Kudos to the Ents team for getting Tim Minchin in the first place – sounds promising for the Ball regardless!

• CAIUS

whoever you are, you are wonderful.

• Sorry but

Library whispers is where the news is at now (someone posted this there this morning).

• Believer

According to Library Whispers Cher is the headline act, so it's fine!

• who cares

he's lame and not funny anyway

• CAIUS

you are an idiot

• John's

he's got a bit-part in our new TV show

• CAIUS

you are a cunt

• MoneyBack.Now

“next year maybe”
    one does not simply have a may ball every year

• D':

I'd heard that the main act had pulled out, but I figured they probably wouldn't have been that funny anyway. How wrong I was. Heartbroken.

• Sorry

Who?

• CAIUS

you are an ignoramus

• CAIUS

i am you

• wow

On a website that hardly excels itself in headlines, this has got to be one of the worst…

• Contribute

more you big fat moaning piece of poo.

• Caius BNOC

apparently a Caius second year with loads of anecdotes about his ridiculous life has been roped in to fill the void

• Kort Egan

I can confirm the above.

• i smell a rat

did they really ever have him? he has a live gig at kings palace london only a week later and lots of other shows in the uk throughout summer which haven't been cancelled http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/82945/Tim_Minchi

Heard something newsworthy?

and

The mafia is opening its ranks: FEATURES EDITOR

The Tab is giving out free CV points.

, Cambridge Editor

Tab’s BIGGEST BNOCs: Special Mentions + Top 50

We promise to stop milking this stupid idea after this article. Really.

Everything you’ll understand if you don’t like football

What is an accumulator and how do I get my hands on one?

and

The undiscovered genius of tapered tracksuit trousers

It’s like your legs are the wafer in a Kit Kat

Netflix has announced release dates for several big shows

House of Cards and Orange is the New Black are coming back

Valentine’s with your BFF is much better

People are calling it Galentine’s

, Chief Reporter

How to blag your way through the Super Bowl, according to a proper American

‘The thing about Denver Broncos is they always try and walk it in’

, Features Editor

What’s the best month to have your birthday?

It’s your princess day