Minchin’s Lost His Caius

Britain's favourite musical comedian has pulled out of Caius May Ball.

Caius May Ball committee were struck a major blow this morning after it was revealed that comedian Tim Minchin pulled out of their line-up.

The Australian star, who is famous his style of musical comedy, expressed his disappointment and issued an apology on his blog.

He told fans “this was going to be a hoot…the band and I were pumped to be asked and really looking forward to it…Sorrrrrrrry Cambridgians. Hope you have a ball.”

Minchin, 36, who has been hugely successful since his breakthrough show in 2005, revealed on his website that he had landed “an acting role in a TV show” and would therefore be in LA all summer.

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmnxF_WTOgg

Caius missing out: Minchin in action

Caius May Ball Ents officer Ed Tan told The Tab it was “Disappointing, but this is obviously something pretty big for him. There are expectations now, because Tim Minchin is pretty damn big.

“We’ll be plugging the gap, hopefully with someone just as popular. At this point we’ve got to just try and make it a good night, people are paying £140 for it and we’re going to make it worth coming.”

But with such a celebrated act pulling out, it remains to be seen how the committee will manage to sub him at such short notice.

It’s not all doom and gloom for Caius though, as Minchin did offer some consolation, telling the ball-goers “it’s going to be a ridiculously fun night without me, and the rest of the line-up is deadly”, and adding “next year maybe”.

With Minchin out of Caius May Ball, who’s going to replace him?

@Jonny_Singer
  • Aww :(

'If I didn't have you, someone else would do' – not true here…

• Caius May Ball Guest

Kudos to the Ents team for getting Tim Minchin in the first place – sounds promising for the Ball regardless!

• CAIUS

whoever you are, you are wonderful.

• Sorry but

Library whispers is where the news is at now (someone posted this there this morning).

• Believer

According to Library Whispers Cher is the headline act, so it's fine!

• who cares

he's lame and not funny anyway

• CAIUS

you are an idiot

• John's

he's got a bit-part in our new TV show

• CAIUS

you are a cunt

• MoneyBack.Now

“next year maybe”
    one does not simply have a may ball every year

• D':

I'd heard that the main act had pulled out, but I figured they probably wouldn't have been that funny anyway. How wrong I was. Heartbroken.

• Sorry

Who?

• CAIUS

you are an ignoramus

• CAIUS

i am you

• wow

On a website that hardly excels itself in headlines, this has got to be one of the worst…

• Contribute

more you big fat moaning piece of poo.

• Caius BNOC

apparently a Caius second year with loads of anecdotes about his ridiculous life has been roped in to fill the void

• Kort Egan

I can confirm the above.

• i smell a rat

did they really ever have him? he has a live gig at kings palace london only a week later and lots of other shows in the uk throughout summer which haven't been cancelled http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/82945/Tim_Minchi

Heard something newsworthy?

REVIEW: Ten Plagues

Dani Cugini is confused and mesmerised by one of Cambridge’s most experimental shows to date.

Pro-Palestine Societies boycott Middle East Peace Week

They claim the talks were organised to “direct attention away from the growing success of Israeli Apartheid Week”.

and and

Tab Tries: Cambridge Escape Rooms

We got locked into several locked rooms for an hour and had to solve a series of weirdly difficult challenges to get out.

, Chief Reporter

There’s a new app that works out what kind of dog you are

It uses artificial intelligence

, Chief Reporter

Your social media game is making you seriously undateable, says science

Don’t get caught Facebook stalking

, Chief Reporter

Checking Facebook all the time is damaging your sleep

Study finds it’s interfering with your shut eye

Boxing gets a bad rep. We’re not all thugs and brawlers

‘It’s like trying to playing chess while getting hit in the head’

and and

The things going to Catholic school taught me about life

Mass is where all the sexual tension is played out