Minchin’s Lost His Caius

Britain's favourite musical comedian has pulled out of Caius May Ball.

Caius May Ball committee were struck a major blow this morning after it was revealed that comedian Tim Minchin pulled out of their line-up.

The Australian star, who is famous his style of musical comedy, expressed his disappointment and issued an apology on his blog.

He told fans “this was going to be a hoot…the band and I were pumped to be asked and really looking forward to it…Sorrrrrrrry Cambridgians. Hope you have a ball.”

Minchin, 36, who has been hugely successful since his breakthrough show in 2005, revealed on his website that he had landed “an acting role in a TV show” and would therefore be in LA all summer.

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmnxF_WTOgg

Caius missing out: Minchin in action

Caius May Ball Ents officer Ed Tan told The Tab it was “Disappointing, but this is obviously something pretty big for him. There are expectations now, because Tim Minchin is pretty damn big.

“We’ll be plugging the gap, hopefully with someone just as popular. At this point we’ve got to just try and make it a good night, people are paying £140 for it and we’re going to make it worth coming.”

But with such a celebrated act pulling out, it remains to be seen how the committee will manage to sub him at such short notice.

It’s not all doom and gloom for Caius though, as Minchin did offer some consolation, telling the ball-goers “it’s going to be a ridiculously fun night without me, and the rest of the line-up is deadly”, and adding “next year maybe”.

With Minchin out of Caius May Ball, who’s going to replace him?

@Jonny_Singer
  • Aww :(

'If I didn't have you, someone else would do' – not true here…

• Caius May Ball Guest

Kudos to the Ents team for getting Tim Minchin in the first place – sounds promising for the Ball regardless!

• CAIUS

whoever you are, you are wonderful.

• Sorry but

Library whispers is where the news is at now (someone posted this there this morning).

• Believer

According to Library Whispers Cher is the headline act, so it's fine!

• who cares

he's lame and not funny anyway

• CAIUS

you are an idiot

• John's

he's got a bit-part in our new TV show

• CAIUS

you are a cunt

• MoneyBack.Now

“next year maybe”
    one does not simply have a may ball every year

• D':

I'd heard that the main act had pulled out, but I figured they probably wouldn't have been that funny anyway. How wrong I was. Heartbroken.

• Sorry

Who?

• CAIUS

you are an ignoramus

• CAIUS

i am you

• wow

On a website that hardly excels itself in headlines, this has got to be one of the worst…

• Contribute

more you big fat moaning piece of poo.

• Caius BNOC

apparently a Caius second year with loads of anecdotes about his ridiculous life has been roped in to fill the void

• Kort Egan

I can confirm the above.

• i smell a rat

did they really ever have him? he has a live gig at kings palace london only a week later and lots of other shows in the uk throughout summer which haven't been cancelled http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/82945/Tim_Minchi

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

10 things I hate about Cambridge: The NUS — and it’s so much worse than you thought

Hear ye, hear ye! Here’s why we should be first in the queue to disaffiliate.

, Editor, The Tab Cambridge

Dear Cambridge: Don’t leave the NUS, it’s a magnificent institution

Remember everything it’s achieved

Test how appalling your knowledge of British geography is

Who really knows their Runcorn from their Rutland?

Oxford Ntokozo Qwabe is a discredit to the Rhodes Must Fall movement

Making a waitress cry is not ‘something black and wonderful’

, Chief Reporter

There’s a petition for the Rhodes Must Fall leader to have his scholarship revoked

It already has more than 27,000 signatures

, National Editor

‘I tore up the rose she’d sent’: The secret stories from your most awkward break-ups

Confessions of relationships that went wrong

How much money do you owe your parents right now?

We asked people how in debt they are to the ‘Bank of Mum and Dad’

London now has a halls of residence for grown-ups

It’s exactly as awful as it sounds