Image may contain: Brick, Police, Officer, Military Uniform, Military, Vehicle, Transportation, Bike, Bicycle, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora, Person, People, Human

Two stabbings on The Level this morning

The incident occurred right next to one of the most popular student areas in Brighton

The police were called to the Level at 11:45 this morning after "two 18-year-old men from London and a 16-year-old boy from Brighton were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent", according to the Argus.

The Argus also adds that they were taken to Royal Sussex County Hospital, before being held in police custody whilst the investigation continues.

Speculation on the Hanover Community Notice Board on Facebook has suggested that there were two seperate stabbings, with user Gavin Faires stating that there were "two different stabbings, I'm afraid".

Brighton local, Christopher O'Connor, wrote on Facebook, "I just helped out some London lad that's been stabbed by Lewes Road, then the police and ambulance came and arrested the victim for attempted murder!"

Shortly after the police were called, Devonian Court on Park Crescent Place, less than a minute's walk from Lewes Road, was cordoned off as part of an ongoing crime scene and investigation. Forensics there were seen taking images and testing bikes for evidence.

Image may contain: Brick, Person, People, Human

At present, police have refused to comment in regards to the attack, although they have been asking local residents around the Park Cresecent area if they had seen any suspicious activity.

It is currently unknown if any involved were students. Any witnesses have been asked to report information on the Sussex Police website or call 101 and quote incident 450 of 17/09.