University of Sussex lecturers will be striking for three days this month

Strikes will be held on the 24th, 25th and 30th November

University of Sussex lecturers will be striking for three day later this month, alongside every single other UK university. 

On the 24th, 25th and 30th of November, Sussex staff will join members of the UCU at 150 universities across the UK in a walkout over pay, pensions and working conditions.

Last month, the Universities and College Union (UCU) won its national ballots for industrial action, with over 70,000 university staff at 140 universities taking part in the vote. However, the UCU claim the disputes remains unresolved.

UCU’s general secretary Dr Jo Grady announced on twitter: “70,000 members on strike to defend their jobs, 70,000 members on strike to win a proper pay rise, 70,000 members on strike to take back their pensions, 70,000 members on strike to save the sector”.

“We will now plan to deliver the biggest picket lines in UCU history on the 24th and 25th November. On the 30th, we want as many of you as possible to head to London for the biggest ever demonstration of UCU members. We are going to protest ahead of our talks with the employers.”

She said: “Our message during these three days is very clear. Put a proper offer on the table or this is just the start of our fight back. This strike will be like no other we have called before. The ballot was different, the action will be different, the result will be different. The longer the picket line, the shorter the dispute”

Related articles recommend by this writer: