Sussex Student Union to hold All Members’ Meeting

Here’s everything you need to know about the event

The Student Union is holding it’s All Members’ Meeting on Monday 20th February. Here’s everything you need to know about the event…

What is an All Members’ Meeting?

An All Members’ Meeting is an opportunity for current Sussex students to get involved in how the Student Union is run. It is also a chance to discuss the accomplishments of the Student Union as well as discuss any improvements that students feel need to be made. During the meeting, the Student Unions’ officer team will deliver a presentation on the current state of the Student Union. The Union’s current priorities and financial situation will also be discussed.

Is there anything specific that will be discussed?

The meeting will discuss four different topics. The topics are ‘The Cost Of Living Crisis’, ‘UCU Strikes’, ‘Inclusivity In Sport’ and ‘Food On Campus’. Each of the topics will facilitated by the Full Time Officers, as well as being available in person and online.

Liam, the Student Union’s wellbeing officer, explained to the Sussex Tab why the meeting is so important. He said, “It’s the first AMM that the SU has held in years. It’s a chance for students to get together and change Sussex for the better. The meeting is vital in making sure that the Union is listening to the needs and opinions of students.

The event will take place in the Debating Chamber, within Falmer House on Monday 20th February at 2pm.

Articles recommend by this writer: