Your guide to Brighton’s best date spots this cuffing season

Everything you need to impress your future significant other

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it is indeed that time again. The weather starts getting colder, days start getting shorter, and by 5PM you’re in bed wishing you had someone else to be with. That’s right it’s finally cuffing season. Here is your complete guide to all the best spots in Brighton this winter to take that special someone in your life.

Christmas Market

The Brighton Christmas Festival in St. Peter’s Church Plaza returns after a smashing success in previous years. It’s like having your own personal Winter Wonderland on your front doorstep. Browse the Christmas markets to get the perfect gift, or spend time in the Après Ski Bar and enjoy live performances. Or of course, you could spend a romantic trip on the big wheel and pretend like you’re having your very own Love, Simon moment.

The (North) Laines

There’s so much to do in both the Laines and the North Laines, it’s hard to know where to begin. There’s something for every kind of date, whether you want casual pubs, cozy independent coffee shops, a unique shopping experience, or a classy bar night out. It’s all about what you make of it.

Devil’s Dyke

This might sound a bit out of the way but stay with me, why not upgrade your movie night by making it a movie night with a view? Get there nice and early (because the days are getting really short now), and set up your laptop with the stunning sunset in the background. It’s like having your very own rom-com moment.

Brighton Marina

There’s so much to see and do at Brighton Marina, if you want a more active date. If you want a little friendly (and flirty) competition, head straight for GloBalls or for Hollywood Bowl – even though seeing someone in bowling shoes can definitely be an ick. Or why not cozy up with a film at Cineworld, seeing as there’s plenty of great films coming out this winter. The possibilities are limitless.

Sunday Brunch

If there’s one thing that Brighton does well (among other things), it’s a Sunday Roast. Nothing feels quite as good as going out after a heavy night the evening before and feasting on a roast dinner, with all the trimmings. Basically every pub in Brighton offers a Sunday Brunch menu, but I have to recommend the Signalman for their delicious roasties and Yorkshire puddings in particular. Just as good as your mums x

Ice Skating at the Pavilion

An oldie but a classic, you can never go wrong with ice skating at the Royal Pavilion. There’s a reason this is such a staple of Brighton at Christmastime. Open now, until 8th January (so you have loads of time), choose a 45min slot and glide – or wobble – around the ice rink with the most beautiful view of the Pavilion all lit up… and your special someone. Must be booked in advance – though you can just be a spectator if its all too dangerous for you – and tickets start at £10 for students.

Articles recommended by this writer:

Follow @The_Sussex_Tab on Instagram for all your latest Sussex Uni news, memes and gossip