Image may contain: Photography, Portrait, Photo, Paper, Face, Text, Human, Person

Pizza envy, Echo Falls and Lynx Africa: What your drunk takeaway says about you

Trust me, it says a lot

If you're a student in Newcastle, you're probably no stranger to a takeaway after a night out. With a vast selection ranging from McDonald's to Munchies, we're spoilt for choice! But what does your takeaway actually say about you?

Chicken nuggets

Did someone say Fiat 500?

Image may contain: Face, Clothing, Apparel, Skin, Drink, Beverage, Party, Human, Person

You drank your Summer Berries Echo Falls at pres like it was juice. It's your third bottle of the week and it's only Tuesday, but who's counting? Liquid calories don’t count anyway.

You’re definitely a messy drunk. Your friend is no stranger to holding your hair back as you kneel on the bacteria ridden floor with your head hanging into a toilet. Your mascara may be running down your face and your lipstick is in your teeth, but as soon as you hear the first few bars of "Dancing in the Moonlight" you’re straight back out there.

It’s never your idea to get food after a night out, but somehow you’ve been dragged to McDonald's and you just can’t resist. Diet starts on Monday!

Donner Kebab

You go hard.

Image may contain: Pants, Pedestrian, Path, Food, Meal, Urban, Building, Town, Street, Road, City, Apparel, Clothing, Person, Human

It probably took two seconds of convincing to get you to come out – you threw on last night's shirt, sprayed on a bit of Lynx Africa and you're straight back out there.

You drink beers at pres and shots when you're out. The type of person who always steals any cone or street sign they can get their hands on during the walk back. Don’t tell me – you’ve already tried to steal a Mobike and the alarm went off.

Cheesy chips (with garlic mayo – obvs)

Our favourite type of people. The party people.

Image may contain: Cake, Icing, Dish, Restaurant, Meal, Person, Human, Creme, Dessert, Food, Cream

Any night with you is guaranteed to be a good one. You're never off the dance floor and pretty much know all the words to any song the DJ plays. You go to the bar and get a tequila shot but not without getting a surprise one for your friend too – they will thank you later.

You always sit in the front of the taxi to chat away to the taxi driver and every time (no matter how hard you try not to) ask them if it’s been a busy night.

However you can be prone to wandering off for by yourself and then returning to your friends three hours later, after they’ve already filed a missing person’s report.

Pizza

The choice of those who enjoy the finer things in life.

Image may contain: Shorts, Flagstone, Sitting, Apparel, Clothing, Person, Human

You pretty much have your life together, a night with you will be drama free, safe and steady. You wouldn’t dream of going out if you had uni the next morning, not even if you followed your “three drinks then home” rule.

But when you do go out, your go-to drink at pres is Smirnoff vodka and lemonade, and you definitely look down on your peers who are drinking Glen's. When it’s time to go home after an amazing night at your VIP table in Bijoux you’d never ring a Blueline or Budget– why would you when you can get an Uber?

But that said, whenever you do order a pizza, you always give a slice to your friend <3

Burger

The foodie.

Image may contain: Hot Dog, Pita, Burger, Bread, Food, Human, Person

Everyone's having a great time, they don't want to leave, you see your friend going to the bar to get another drink but all you can think about is leaving early to get food. I bet you've even considered leaving by yourself. The drunk food is the only reason you came out after all, isn't it?

You order a burger just so you can look at other peoples food and say "ha! As if you paid a fiver for that, those chips look grim!" and "mine's only £2.50 and look how much you get for your money!" Then when someone asks you for a bite you look at them in disgust – the thought of sharing your beloved food with someone is worse than when someone suggests going to McDonald's.

"I’ve got food at home"

You know who you are.

Image may contain: Fireplace, Indoors, Apparel, Clothing, Brick, Human, Person

You only ever want to go to Soho or Bijoux on weekdays for the drinks deals and are absolutely disgusted whenever anyone suggests going to somewhere that pays entry.

After bitterly downing your £2 Lambrini at pres you’re the person that always suggests walking there claiming that “it’s not that far". It’s always you who complains about the prices of doubles to the bar staff, like they can do anything about it. Then you proceed to ask if they have any student drink offers on tonight.

While everyone else is plotting which takeaway to go to, you’re just silently thinking of the supermarket own brand reduced price bread waiting for you at home.