Image may contain: Performer, Musical, Music, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

Newcastle University Fashion Society is running its first ever fashion show

#BreakTheStigma

Newcastle University Fashion Society has announced its first ever fashion show which will embrace the theme #BreakTheStigma. The show will take place on Saturday 5th May at the Boiler House on campus.

NUFS's vice president Annie Chavez, explains that the theme has been chosen as a comeback to the society's core concept, stating that there is still "a lack of knowledge about what fashion really is, enhanced by the cultural and social norms, which is ridiculous."

The catwalks are aimed to challenge the stigmas around the myths of the fashion industry such as gender expectations and what is expected in fashion from behind the scenes to the catwalk.

Led by student models, collections of both student and local designers will be showcased. This will be supported by 200 society members working vigorously behind the scenes.

For the next month, NUFS will be announcing more details, so be sure to check out their Facebook page.

Tickets can be bought here . Grab one before it's too late!

Photo credit: Lewis Palmer