Image may contain: Shop, Human, Person, People

All the WORST people in the Robinson Library

You’re not in the Marj love

Last year The Tab Newcastle brought you a guide on library etiquette, but it's clear that Newcastle students NEED A REMINDER. There are certain things to do in the Robbo and not to do. There are types of people in every library that are annoying as hell, in the Robbo there are plenty, and here they are in all their glory. Obviously my unashamed death stares to these people has not put them off.

1. PEOPLE WHO TALK ON THE PHONE IN THE LIBRARY

Image may contain: Room, Library, Indoors, Human, Person, People

It may not be exam season yet, but please BE QUIET. I have been in the library since 11am and I am not joking there have been at least three people on the fourth floor with the audacity of walking from one end to the other whilst having full on conversations on the phone. Why don't they even try and whisper? Is a library not supposed to be a place of silence? Have I been reading the signs with a cross over phones and noise wrong all these years? Did I mistake the tick for a cross? NO. Put your phone away we don't want to hear it.

2. PEOPLE WHO SHOUT ABOUT GOING FOR A CIG BREAK ACROSS THE WHOLE ROW

Image may contain: Text, Alphabet, Trademark, Logo, Human, Person, People

Put your rizzlas and filters away until you have got to the stairs. Or call it a fag or cigarette break, what are you in Made in Chelsea? No you're in the Robbo, so leave it out please.

3. PEOPLE WHO STEAL YOUR SEAT

Pretty much everyone has lovingly handpicked their seat in the Robbo. When second year came around and you actually decided that library work was essential, you naturally chose a seat where you thought best (any of you on the third floor, I'm sorry but that isn't best). Some have even changed their seat on entering third year and I'm okay with that. What is not acceptable, however, is when someone comes along, in say January or March, and sits in your seat. You've slaved away in this fourth-floor hell hole every day so far this term in the same seat. You get to know the people around you who sit on your row, you never chat but you have a mutual agreement that your seats have been chosen. You would never dream of taking theirs and vice versa. Then boom, someone comes in and steals your seat halfway through the year. I know that you probably don't know that it's my seat but still…GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THERE AND FIND YOUR OWN.

4. PEOPLE WHO PDA IN YOUR FACE

I can actually HEAR your kisses and I really don't want to. Thanks.

5. PEOPLE WHO GET THE LIFT

Is it really a necessity? Really? I think not. For those poor souls who sit near the lifts "doors closing" will echo in their nightmares.

6. THE CAFE PEOPLE WHO CHARGE YOU FOR HOT WATER

Why is hot water 50p? They charge us quite enough already without us paying for hot water. How can milk be 40p cheaper than hot water? How can fruit be cheaper than hot water? What is library life coming to? I just want to drink my Yorkshire tea in peace.

7. PEOPLE WHO TALK ABOUT ANNOYING STUFF

You went out last night? Cool. You had a mare on the Tup dance floor and it was just sooooo totes embarrassing? Cool. (Your chat is shit and I don't care).

8. PEOPLE WHO LAUGH ALOUD TO THEMSELVES

Don't break my train of thought to laugh when your friend texts you about the fact that he just farted really loudly down on the second floor…We get it, you have friends. Hilarious friends.

9. PEOPLE WHO TAKE THEIR SOCKS OFF

Now, surely this is just common house rules. You wouldn't go bare foot in a lecture (I hope), so why in the Robbo? Yes, we all want to be comfortable studying, but this is just too much.

10. PEOPLE WHO USE THE LIB COMPUTER AND HAVE A LAPTOP

I can see you using your Macbook Pro and it's in rose gold, you obviously have no place using the library computers. These should be reserved for people not lucky enough to have a laptop or who still own bricks from their school days that are too heavy to carry. Please, if you have a laptop and are using it as well as a library computer, just don't. We need to use technology too.