Madame Koo’s is hosting a Christmas night for charity this Thursday

It’s all in aid of The People’s Kitchen

Madame Koo’s is hosting a special Christmas event this Thursday, from which  proceeds will go to the People’s Kitchen charity.

The event, run by Socially Unacceptable, is a great way to end the term, with drinks prizes going for the best fancy dress and the availability of food from Desserts Delivered, Nandos and Manny’s on offer around the venue.

Empress, Label and Flares will all be offering drinks deals that night also. Quote ‘Madame Koos’ at the bar(s) to get your deal. There will also be plenty of Christmas tunes being blasted out at Koos, so get Elvis’ Christmas album out of the attic and start practising those lyrics.

The proceeds of the night will also be going to a worthy cause. The People’s Kitchen has been around since 1985 helping the homeless and vulnerable of Newcastle.

The main 3 points that they focus on for the less fortunate among us are the 3 F’:

1. Food – 40,000 hot meals provided every year from the Alison Centre in Central Newcastle. Both local and regional schools donate heavily, as well as Greggs being one of the largest donors.
  2. Friendship – The age range that The People’s Kitchen supports varies from 18-70+. Some of the volunteers are trained to listen to and deal with people who have had problems with drugs/alcohol or mental health issues.
  3. Futures – The ‘Your Futures’ program aims to provide support to the less fortunate to aid them in the move towards independent living. A professional legal firm also provides impartial advice on a monthly basis about issues related to housing.

The People’s Kitchen are always looking for more volunteers so if you are looking to give something back to your community then please have a look at the ‘Roles’ section of the website:

To find out more about Thursday night, find the Facebook event here.