BNOC OF THE YEAR: Nominate your big name

The nominations are open! Who will you nominate for Newcastle’s biggest name on campus?

During your time at Newcastle, you may have heard about that couple shagging in the CCTV booth, or that guy streaking through the Robbo. Maybe you heard about the girl who brought two DJs back for a threesome.

Well the time has come for one of them to take the trophy for BNOC of the year and nominations are open!

But what exactly makes a BNOC?  Before you nominate, check out the criteria our Big Name must meet:

1) Extreme popularity

A name you hear constantly, with no particular  reason, function or purpose. You definitely  know their name and most certainly their face. It makes you feel a little strange, and you question whether or not they know your name too. Chances are they don’t. 

2) Be outrageous

They think of themselves as a bit of a lad. With a reputation that precedes them wherever they go, you’re probably Facebook friends despite never having said a word to them in your life. Find them getting boozy on Osborne Road, probably in Bar Blanc on a Tuesday.

3) Be a pretty BIG deal

They will most likely have a bit of a cocky streak, and who can blame them really. Balling around Club Trop, they will probably be holding a bottle of Belvedere like it’s going out of fashion, surrounded by their crew on their weekly reserved table.

Do you have a candidate?  Let us know. Yes this is a shameless popularity contest, but that’s university – and life.

Send us a name, with a brief description of why you believe they are the perfect Newcastle BNOC. Nominations close on Sunday 23rd March, and voting will begin the following day.

Send your nominations to [email protected] or post them in the comments below.

Or you can always contact us on Facebook or Twitter.