Monochrome Trends

The recent weather has forced us to admit defeat and accept the monochrome that currently dominates our existence. For all those who aren’t in the know, monochrome describes a photograph, painting […]

The recent weather has forced us to admit defeat and accept the monochrome that currently dominates our existence.

For all those who aren’t in the know, monochrome describes a photograph, painting or drawing in different shades of a single colour.

Fortunately, black and white looks great on anyone, and as summer approaches it’s nice to give white the chance to slowly infiltrate and brighten up our dark (and overused) winter wardrobes.

Knitwear and shorts: Topshop // Boots: New Look

You know you have a good friend if they agree to sit on some wooden steps in
the middle of nowhere with bare legs when its 0.5 degrees.

Hooded top: model’s own // Leather jacket: Zara // Culottes: Topshop // Boots: as before

Culottes really do combine the freedom of a skirt, with the safety of shorts. The
result: a feminine flow with no fear of an updraft. Excellent.

Jacket: H&M // Backpack: Ebay

Long-sleeved lace is perfect for getting through the long-awaited (and slow)
transition into summer.

However, hopefully by the next time we do a piece it’ll be bearable enough to wear shorts outside for longer than a total of three minutes.

Top: ASOS

Huge thank you to Sophie for stepping up again and being our model. If anyone else out there fancies organising or taking part in a shoot, get in touch.

———————————————————————————————————–

Model: Sophie Howard

Photography and styling: Olivia Parker.