Is this Uptown Funk SU election video better than the original?

Probably not

Rachel Holland, current SU Women’s officer and candidate for SU President, released a campaign video last night.

And boy what a video.

The video is a high culture remake of Bruno Mars’ and Mark Ronson’s latest single Uptown Funk. It features Holland and friends dancing in various locations on campus and elsewhere in Leicester.

Their homage to the glossy music has them rocking different coloured jumpers. Because aesthetic, yeah?

Ronson’s lyrics have been changed to feature Holland’s policies and campaign activities with the infamous “don’t believe me just watch” changed to the somewhat baffling election message of “don’t believe me just vote”.

Lyrics feature throughout the video as Holland attempts to lip-sync to her pre-recorded track about her various attributes and manifesto policies.

The video, which has already had over 1,500 views in a day, also features a really long segment of them just dancing in the instrumental section of the song.

Watch the video here and decide for yourself whether it’s just a bit cringe or a work of genius that will not be understood in our times.