Lancaster University’s Women’s+ Forum promotes events for Women’s History Month

The theme for 2022 is ‘Women Providing Healing, Promoting Hope’

March is Women’s History Month, a celebration on the contributions to history, culture and society by women around the world. The month remembers historical events such as the Suffragette Movements and Civil Rights Movement, while teaching about the renowned female authors, scientists and other notable women who made history and paved the way for us to be able to work and gain higher education.

Lancaster University’s Womens+ Forum have announced a range of events for the month to mark Women’s History Month. Open to all Women+ staff and students.

Banner and poster making

Tuesday March 1st is Banner and Poster making for “Reclaim the Night” from 7-9 pm in Fylde Common Room. Materials will be provided for this event.

Welfare Wilderness Walk sessions

Wednesday March 2nd and Wednesday March 18th are their Welfare Wilderness Walk sessions. Take a stroll on the 2.6 mile Woodland Walk and get to chat with new people. Meeting outside the LICA Building at 1 pm, this is a great way to get your steps in and be around an exec full of lovely, like-minded people. Grab some sensible shoes for the walk (it can be a muddy nightmare) and enjoy a guided woodland walk.

via @luwomenplus Instagram

Film night

Tuesday March 8th at 6 pm is Film Night, meeting in the Library Exhibition Space.

Self Defence Class

There is also a Self Defence Class with the Brazilian Ju-Jitsu Society in the Sports Centre, however the date and time is yet to be confirmed.

Canvas Painting Night

Friday 18th march is Canvas Painting Night with Craftsoc, taking place in Fylde Common Room at 6 pm.

Panel on Misogyny

Wednesday 23rd March is the Forum’s not to be missed Panel on Misogyny. Starting at 6:30 pm in the Library Exhibition Space.

Reclaim the Night march

To round up the amazing set of events, the Forum invites all students to join them for the Reclaim the Night march on Friday 25th March at 6pm (location to be confirmed).

All events and their details can be found on the Women’s+ Forum Instagram, and also in in the library entrance.

Related articles recommended by this writer: