King’s English students to take all exams at home due to coronavirus

Teaching for the final week of term is also cancelled

As fears around the coronavirus increase and the university tightens up on precautionary measures, King’s Department of English has announced that students will be sitting their exams from home.

Janet Floyd, the head of Department of English, forwarded a department-wide email informing students of the department’s response to the virus.

The email announced that all exams will be made available online for a 24-hour window and uploaded onto KEATS on the day they were originally timetabled.

The email also informed students that all classes will be taught online from March 23rd.  Teaching is set to continue for next week with colleagues on strike teaching on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. The planned strikes will continue as usual and there will be no class on Thursday and Friday.

Material for the final week of term will be uploaded onto KEATS as learning is moved online.

This comes shortly after Senior Vice President Chris Mottershead sent out a university-wide outlining the university’s arrangements regarding teaching, exams, events and clinical placements for medics.

The football Varsity games between UCL and King’s, which were due to take place today, were cancelled due to the risks surrounding coronavirus.

This morning it was confirmed that King’s College London has five confirmed cases of coronavirus – the second-largest amount of cases in any university other than Oxford, who have six cases.