Image may contain: Face, Clothing, Hat, Apparel, Human, Person

Man charged with murder of King’s student stabbed outside Harrod’s

The man handed himself in to police

A man has been charged with the murder of a King’s political economy student who was stabbed to death in Knightsbridge last December.

23-year-old Badir Rahim Alnazi handed himself into a central London police station on January 6th and was subsequently arrested, The Metro reports.

The victim, 20-year-old second-year Mohamed Abdullah Al Araimi, was stabbed to death outside Harrod’s in Knightsbridge on December 5th at 12:40 am.

Image may contain: Bird, Fish, Animal, Water, Outdoors, Person, Human

CCTV footage released yesterday of a suspect

Alnazi was today charged with murder, attempted robbery, and possession of a bladed article. Enquiries into the case are ongoing.

In a statement, Mohamed’s family said they are “eternally heartbroken.”

One of Mohamed’s friends suffered an injury as a result of the attack. He has since been discharged from hospital.

A second suspect is still being looked for by Scotland Yard. A £20,000 reward is being offered to anyone with information that leads to prosecution.

Mohamed was one of those students that makes education fun.

A Teaching Fellow of International Politics, Dr Keith Smith, said: “He was engaged with the academic literature and engaging in class. We would always have a conversation after – and even sometimes during – the lecture.

“I remember at one point in one of the lectures I asked for a volunteer. Mohamed’s hand went up first, even before he knew what he was volunteering for.

“That speaks volumes about the type of person he was.”

Alnazi is set to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court later today.