Here are the best places to watch the FIFA World Cup in Cardiff

You don’t want to miss out on any of the action

This year’s winter World Cup will undoubtedly be like no other. We’ve switched beer gardens and shorts to mulled wine and puffer jackets, but some things will certainly stay the same such as the incredible atmosphere that’s created by watching the world’s best teams and our need to fill up on pints whilst enjoying “the beautiful game”. Therefore, we thought we would make a list of some stunning venues to watch this year’s FIFA World Cup at.

Boom Battle Bar

First class screening will be taking place in central Cardiff’s Boom Bar, with indoor and outdoor screens.

Plenty of “boom bites” and beverages will be on offer to keep you going all day long. The venue also boasts long benches too, perfect for viewing the matches in big groups.

Depot

The ultimate fanhub warehouse for football screenings. Home of Bingo Lingo, DEPOT will be doing a massive showing of every game live. You can also expect “South Wales’s finest street food” and “huge steins”!

Tickets available to buy on their website via See Tickets, with prices ranging £5.50 to £11 per ticket. England vs Wales is currently sold out but there is an option to join a waiting list. Tables can be reserved for an extra cost of £16 for up to 8 people and £33 of up to 16-it will be packed, so not a bad option if your desperate for a good viewing of screens. But note, this is in addition to general admission tickets.

Gassy’s

With claims of “nowhere better for watching live sport than Gassy’s”, everyone’s favourite student pub is the place to be during this year’s World Cup. With great student prices, tasty food and only a short commute from most student houses, you can’t really go wrong if you choose Gassy’s to be the host of your match day viewing.

Cardiff University’s Student Union

The Taf and Y Plas will be showing all games across all screens for the “ULTIMATE autumn of live sport”. Tables guarantee your groups a space for the entire night with great views of the game and with The Taf being home to Cathays’ cheapest round, it would be rude to not come and watch a match here.

O’Neills

One of Cardiff’s biggest sport bars, with plenty of screens across two floors. Whilst booking a table is recommended, O’Neills is a reliable place to head to when everywhere is looking packed.

You can even pre-order drinks packages from beer buckets to shots and bombs, they’ve got it all!