Try these go-to places if you want to keep your Veganuary going

Great for the animals, the planet, and your bank account

January is the month of new beginnings and resolutions that are swiftly broken but you’ll probably want to keep your Veganuary commitment going after seeing these yummy treats and deals.

The Atma Lounge

Based near the Capitol centre in Cardiff, The Atma Lounge is a plant-based cafe that also provides yoga, meditation, and has an eco-shop for sustainable living.

On Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays you can grab yourself a different deal (including some just for students) to make sure trying Vegan options doesn’t break the bank.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYTxto2outg/

On Mondays, students can enjoy a drink and a dessert or on Friday, 2-for-1 on thali plates.

On Wednesdays, it’s £5 thali all you can eat from 2-4pm, and on Saturday you can get a free mango lassi with a £5 spend.

The Taf

Found in the heart of the Student Union, is the place that holds a special place in our hearts – and if you’ve got no vegan-food plans booked in for the rest of this month, you might want to sneak in a quick trip while they do their 50 per cent Veganuary discount.

Anna Loka

On Albany Road is Anna Loka, which means “food, health, or earth” in Sanksrit. This place does what it says on the tin as it provides healthy dishes that are kind to the earth.

This Veganuary Anna Loka is also being kind to your savings as they are offering a “Veganuary Bad Boy Burger” with chips for a discounted £9.95 instead of the usual pricing.

Burger King

On Uber Eats and Deliveroo, Burger King is generally pretty speedy in getting from restaurant to your mouth which means less time to wait for vegan nuggets, a Vegan Royale, or a plant-based whopper.

Domino’s

This year, Domino’s has expanded its toppings into more substitute meats, with the ‘Vegan PepperoNAY’. We are yet to try this but it is definitely on the list.

Domino’s Vegan PepperoNAY pizza

Nandos

Nandos has expanded their meatless range and is now selling a ‘Spiced Chickpea Burger’, a chickpea and spinach patty with hummus, spinach, and red pepper chutney, served in a soft roll.

Nandos Spiced Chickpea Burger

Get to it and try all of these Veganuary exclusives while they are still available, who knows, it might even become a lifestyle change.

Related Articles Recommended by this writer:

• Here’s what you need to know about the new club night featuring an all-girls room

• A vigil was held in Bute Park in memory of Ashling Murphy

• Covid, Christmas, and Cathays: My experience of isolating in a student house during Christmas