Winter Wonderland is back in Cardiff and it’s better than ever

Time for hot chocolate, giant plushies, and the mandatory selfie in front of the big wheel

Cardiff’s Winter Wonderland is finally back this year and will run from November 16th, 2021 to January 2nd, 2022.

It will be split across two different locations in town so if you’re planning a visit, make sure to visit both Cardiff Castle and City Hall Lawn.

Christmas at City Hall Lawn

For those of you looking to win the giant plushies, head to City Hall Lawn where you can find all the family funfair attractions. The giant huskies and unicorns make for the perfect home mascot so bring all you’ve got. The beloved two-story Ski Lodge Bar will also be making a come back for those who can’t make your uni’s annual ski trip.

Festive food and drink will also be available but the real star of the show is the brand new Ice Bar. Perfect for anyone looking to update their Instagram and Facebook profiles.

To visit the Ice Bar you will need to pre-book a time slot so if you’re looking to enjoy sub-zero temperatures after a ride on the giant wheel, make sure you keep an eye out for booking slots.

Christmas at the Castle

If you’re one of those people who can actually manage to walk or skate on ice, we’ve got some good news for you: the Ice Rink and the Ice Walk are both coming to the castle this year. While some of us grip the side, we’ll watch the rest of you skate on by. Unfortunately for us, the skating aid will only be available to smaller guests.

Of course, festive food and drinks will also be available for those of us who cannot bare to be seen falling over on ice in public yet again.

Tickets are now available here.