Image may contain: School, Room, Indoors, Classroom, Leisure Activities, Dance Pose, Dance, Person, People, Human

A twelve-hour dance marathon for charity will be taking place this Sunday in the SU

Dance styles including jazz, street, and contemporary will be taught during the day

What better way to cure a hangover from being too loose at Juice, than a twelve-hour dance marathon?!

This Sunday six dance societies will be taking part in the first ever ‘Dance-A-Thon’, to raise money for Danceaid.

The event will begin at 7am with a hip-hop class and end with a class specialising in commercial, bringing the day to a close at 7pm.

Image may contain: Tango, Leisure Activities, Dance Pose, Dance, Person, People, Human

Slash Street Dance Society

Dance societies teaching and taking part in the fundraiser include Expression Dance, Broadway, Slash, Bollywood, Fad, and Bellydance.

One of the organisers of the event and President of Expression, Sophie Tremlin told The Tab Cardiff: "We are hosting a dance event that welcomes all abilities, from learning how to spice up your lash moves to advanced dancers strutting their stuff."

Image may contain: Female, Team, Leisure Activities, Dance Pose, Dance, Person, People, Human

Bellydancing Society

"All money raised is going directly to Danceaid. Donations have previously enabled disabled youngsters to play for GB in the Paralympics, and they also feed 100 street children every day in the Philippines as well as increasing participation in sport and dance across the world. They really are a fantastic charity."

All dance societies at Cardiff University have a strong relationship with Danceaid, raising money through dance shows and competitions. This however is the beginning of a new fundrasier that enables students outside the dance community to come try something fun and new, while donating to a good cause.

Image may contain: Woman, Girl, Female, Person, People, Human

Bollywood Dance Society

Sophie added: "Please come along to support a fantastic cause, as well as getting lots of freebies throughout the day!"

Students of all dancing abilities can take part in any class throughout the day in Y Stiwdio, each class costing £2 and a pass for all twelve classes costing £6.

Better get practicing.

Photo credits: Cardiff SU Guild of Societies