Cardiff’s first vegan coffee shop is coming in September

Fear not, they will still be stocking Coffee Barker and Clancy’s

Blanche Bakery, Cardiff’s first vegan coffee shop is opening in Roath this September.

The owners, Amy-Rose Hopkins, 21, and Remed Aran, 24, started serving vegan treats to the people of Cardiff over the past year. Since then they’ve moved from serving behind their pop-up stall at occasional vegan fairs to having their own shop in The Castle Emporium on Womanby Street.

Due to their huge success in the last year, they are now opening a permanent site in Roath. They have secured a business loan to help cover costs but are running a crowdfunding campaign to finance fixtures and fittings to make it pretty. If this crowdfunding is successful, Blanche Bakery will open its door this Autumn. The crowdfunding campaign is running until the 26th July and can be found here.

Greg, a third year economics student, says “I’m looking forward to it. There’s plenty of coffee shops around Cathays and Roath and having a vegan one will be great for extra choice. They supply Clancy’s which is one of my favourite places to grab lunch in Cardiff so this could potentially be another regular spot”.

Amy- Rose Hopkins, co-owner of Blanche Bakery told us that: “This is a huge opportunity, not just for us but for multiple communities in Cardiff. Our coffee shop will be a friendly space with a relaxed atmosphere that anyone can enjoy, be they vegans or not.”

Blanche Bakery was shortlisted for the Best Vegan Cakes title at the 2017 Vegan Awards. After their success, Amy said that “we know that we have the products to make people smile”.

I know where my student loan will be spent in September…