Apply to be a Fresher Columnist
Applications are open for Cambridge’s MOST READ student paper
The Tab mafia is opening its ranks – every year we hire several Fresher Columnists to write about their first term at Cambridge. YOU could be one of them!!!!!!11!1!!1 VERY EXCITING.
Why should you write for The Tab?
The Tab is Cambridge's most-read student newspaper. Writing for us gives you a platform to be read by thousands of people across the university – an instant springboard to being recognised in the Cindies smoking area and inevitable BNOC-dom. You'll also have the unique opportunity to be cross-posted by The Tab National to our global site, which has both a UK and US office, with 10 million readers. The Tab is the UK's second most popular 18-24 publisher after BuzzFeed – it's bigger than VICE, Cosmo and Vox.
No experience is required. You'll get fantastic CV points, along with the chance to progress up the editorial ranks.
Most importantly, The Tab is Really Really Fun and Actually Very Witty. We don't/can't take ourselves too seriously, as demonstrated by our output of very seriuz Pulitzer-worthy articles such as Cambridge's Best Benches, Why masturbation is good for you, What Absolutist Monarch is your College and 24 hour library liveblogs.
We host regular socials and have a dazzlingly advanced and well-furnished office (the pub) for team meetings. Also – free stash. This includes Tab branded condoms, nAUGHTY.
How do I apply?
1. Compose an e-mail to: [email protected] – address it to Alex and Holly. Make the subject 'Fresher Columnist Application'.
2. In that e-mail, tell us your name, subject, college and mobile number.
3. Write a brief outline of why you'd like to be a Fresher columnist. What kind of stuff would you like to write about? Do you have a particular style?
4. If you have a CV, then attach it. If not, don’t worry.
5. If you have a sample piece of writing that would be suitable for applying to The Tab, attach it. Don't worry if you don't have one – this isn't a requirement.
6. Click send and try not to regret it instantly.
7. Applications close on the 17th September.
If you're still unsure whether The Tab is something for you, then send us an e-mail at [email protected] with any questions – we'll be happy to answer them and give you an insight into what it's like being on the team.