Sin(dy)ful: club manager robbed drinking socs to pay back parking fines.

The former Manager of Life and Cindies took his employers for a ride, stealing to pay off parking fees.

Ballare cambridge drinking societies Cindies Jelly Wrestling Kuda Lembit Opik Life Lola's May Week Suicide Sunday The Place The Squires The Wyverns

The former manager of Life and Cindies stole from May Week garden parties to pay off £10,000 worth of parking fines.

Mark Kingerley, whilst manager of the clubs, pocketed a total of £7,833 paid by the Wyverns and the Squires to his employers, the Luminar Group.

No, we’re not sure how you can owe that much either

As part of a long-running deal with both societies, Luminar provided both booze and staff for the drinking societies’ infamous 2012 Suicide Sunday events. Faced with the parking payments owed to Cambridge City Council – as well as other financial woes – Kingerley nicked the £5,000 fee from the Wyverns’ Garden Party and put it into his own bank account. Later he creamed off an additional £2,263 billed to the Squires’ Garden Party Committee.

If there are no longer 5 for 4 Jagerbomb deals at Life/The Place/Kuda next term, we know who to blame.

A Cambridge nightclub promoter, who wished to remain anonymous, told The Tab: “I think it’s very disappointing that greed got the better of him.

“However hopefully now Cindies and Life can be run in a fairer and honest way going forward.

“There was always an edge to Mark and it would make sense now as to why.”

Despite a conviction this January for the crimes, Kingerley has dodged a jail term on the condition that his debts be repaid within 6 months. Apparently he’s planning on selling his house.

In any case, The Tab strongly advises Mark doesn’t make a habit of crossing Cambridge’s drinking societies.